METHODOLOGICAL GUIDANCE ACTIVITIES
In addition to research activities, the institute methodically directs professional psychological care for children / students in norms and pathology. Special care is given to students with special educational needs, especially students from socially disadvantaged backgrounds, students with behavioral disorders, students with learning disabilities, gifted students, etc.
VÚDPaP is mandated to methodically and professionally guide and coordinate the activities of all components of the counseling and prevention system in education, as an important part of the implementation of scientific knowledge in practice. It deals with the issue of comprehensive counseling and prevention for students until the end of vocational training with the perspective of expanding its scope to the integration of individual components of the counseling system.
It prepares proposals and recommendations resulting from the obtained results and knowledge and submits them to state and public administration bodies and other institutions in whose competence it is to be responsible for the care of children and pupils.
It sets and directs professional processes and activities in the system of educational counseling and prevention and supervision of these activities.
It ensures the setting and revitalization of quality standards of services provided within the system of educational counseling and prevention.
VÚDPaP implements methodological guidance activities mainly:
- developing methodological guidelines for professional activities
- by elaboration of expertise and expert opinions according to the requirements of the field, resp. state and public administration bodies
- by mentoring, coaching and supervision of professional activities
An important activity of VÚDPaP in the field of methodological guidance is also cooperation in further education of employees of regional education schools and employees of counseling system facilities in education, namely:
- by creation and implementation of accredited continuing education programs
- by creation and implementation of short-term training directly tailored to the needs of the practice of the counseling system