INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
- All manuscripts are submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The text must be edited in MS Word – without changes in the spacing of characters, without hyphenation, or text alignment; typeface Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, line spacing 1.5. Do not use various font sizes; to emphasize the text use bold or italics.
- The manuscript must comprise the following parts: a) body text (may include paragraphs and subparagraphs; headers are not numbered), b) references, c) footnotes (use sporadically).
- Tables and pictures, or graphs must be inserted at the end of the document, do not include them in the text. Tables and pictures (graphs) must be numbered, named and they include annotations where appropriate. Graphs should be created in Excel; if transferred to Word, transfer them as a graph not as a picture. Labels in tables and graphs must be in the same language as the body of the text.
- Literature referred to in the text must be cited in parentheses, which contain the surname of the author (authors) and year of publication. If the names of the authors are stated in the text and the year of publication is in the parentheses, include the authors' first name initial in the text. Female surnames stated in the Slovak text have the suffix “-ová”.
- In References, literature is listed in alphabetical order. All, but only those sources cited in the text, are included in the References.
- Bibliography entries are created in accordance with the citation norm STN ISO 690 (01 0197):
Book citation: Last name of the author, first name initial (the same for the second and third author; if there are more authors, use the first author’s name plus “et al.”). Year of publication. Book title. Place of publication: Name of the publisher.
Journal article citation: Full last name and the first name initial of the author (authors). Year of publication. Article title. Journal title, volume, issue number, page number(s).
Proceedings citation: Full last name and the first name initial of the author (authors). Year of publication. Article (chapter) title. In: Full last name and the first name initial of the editor/editors (Ed./Eds.): Title, Place of publication: Publisher, page numbers.
Book chapter citation: Same applies as in case of the collected works citation.
Online source citation: Last name of the author, first name initial (the same for the second and third author; if there are more than three authors, use the first author’s name plus “et al.”). Year of publication. Source title [online]. Publisher (website title). [date the source was cited]. Retrieved from: (URL) (do not put a full stop at the end).
Source title. Year of publication. Rest of the citation is adjusted to the source type (see above).
Secondary source citation: („z druhej ruky“): The original source is not listed in the References. To cite it in the body of the text use the phrase “as cited in” followed by the citation of the source listed in the References.
- Accompany the manuscript by an abstract describing the article content (including the most important results in case of a research study) , and key words. These will be translated by the editorial office.
- Provide a following information about the authors: academic titles, affiliation, position, professional interests.